Mistakes People Make When Hiring a Caterer
Posted on March 8th, 2019 by admin
In this article we will discuss the top five mistakes people make when setting up a catered event. It is paramount to think about the catered event from all angles. The number of reasons that a catering can go bad vary. So check out the list we have put together below:
- Timing the Event – If the timing is off you can end up with cold food or no food. There is nothing worse than a group of hungry event attendees that also feel obligated to be there. People get cranky when they get hungry. They get “hangry”.
- Not Planning Financially – The price of the overall catering should include food, beverage, set up/take down service and TIP. Gratuity is often not considered by the client until the event is over and they regret not factoring it into the budget.
- Not Having Enough Food – This isn’t as bad as having no food, but its pretty bad. If you run out of food while there are still people in line, it can cause quite the problem. It is a good idea to overestimate the food you will need. It may cost a little more but it is well worth it not having angry guests.
- Vegetarian Options – There are more vegetarians than ever. Many people have switched to a plant-based diet. It is important to have at least some fruit and vegetable only items.
- Knowing the Ingredients – Food allergies are also at an all time high. People can have severe allergies to all kinds of food. It is best to inquire about allergies from your guests or instruct the caterer to prepare dishes that don’t include foods with high rates of allergy. Peanut and shellfish are two examples of very common food allergies.